December 8, 2015

WEEK #47

So, I received my new son and its another Argentine! haha I think there are only 2 Argentines in the whole mission and I trained both of them. This Argentine is super humble and a great kid. So, I think I lucked out(:
Other than that, it's cool to be a trainer because there are always miracles.. for example that Matias kid that has been coming to church on his own for the last couple months that we dropped (stopped teaching) came walking into church yesterday in white shirt and tie with a huge grin.. so I asked him why he was so happy, and he just showed me his paper signed by his mom! So after a couple months she finally decided that she wasn't going to win the battle and is going to let him get baptized this Saturday!
And one more interesting story. Yesterday was the presidential elections here in Argentina.. so on Saturday we received a message that Sunday we would have to go to church and right after straight to the pension for the rest of the day. So that was the first time I have had 2 rest days in one week here in the mission. But yeah I heard things get crazy here with all of the riots and stuff, so yeah.
Here I haven't heard anything about halloween so I dont think they celebrate it.. and if they do they would have to do it super early becasue when it starts to get dark it's too dangerous to be out. So, I guess we will see what happens, I'll let you know next week.
I think its crazy how I can say"1 year" now.. time is flying. I will officially only have 1 year left on Sunday, because my finish date is Nov. 1, 2016.
 
Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment