December 8, 2015

WEEK #36

Wow, I cant believe that McKay is home... that would be such a weird feeling. But really, at the rate that time is going by right now I'll be home tomorrow. I really already have almost 9 months in the mission!
I'm not sure how well I'm really taking it with my comp. but I am really trying to do my best. It's hard to see somebody so new not come with the fire for the work, or with the willingness to be obedient. One day he was just complaining about everything..." why do we have to kneel down to pray... why do I walk so fast.... why do we have so many rules to follow.... just about everything." And it finally got to the point that I stopped walking and I got after him for it. I asked "why he was here in the mission? if he misses his family? and if he loves Jesus Christ?" and he answered yes to all of those questions I told him "That is why we are here. We aren't here just on vacation or to focus on ourselves and only what we want... but because of what we want and for the love for other people." I felt a little bad for being so hard on him after... but really, it's the truth. It's a promise if we lose ourselves in his name (of the savior) that we will find it. I know that their are blessings waiting for everybody but sometimes we need to work for them through diligence and obedience. But other than that experience it has been a good week with my comp. we have been contacting a ton of people and finally starting to find some gold. I just wish that the people had the desire to get married here, haha. I have found so many people that seem so prepared for baptism but in the end nobody wants to get married. That's one of the challenges of Buenos Aires, especially in my area, haha. It would probably help if the president of the country wasn't paying all of the kids for having babies young..haha but it's fine I guess. 
Oh, and I got sick again this week... I don't know what happened but one morning I was just having some super sharp pains in my stomach then eventually I made it to the bathroom and again had problems from both ends of my body for the day. It was the worst.. I just wonder when my body will get used to things here so I will stop getting so sick all the time.
Oh, and also it rained super hard this week... so bad that all of the streets were rivers about a foot deep all of the streets... and some even worse. A lot of houses ruined. We saw a car just completely submerged. It was bad. But I didn't even think it was raining so bad, it's just that they don't have a very good drainage system here I think. Oh, and it's sad that a couple kids died in my area because they got lost in the water. One of them was 11 yrs old and the other only a baby like 2 years old. And it happened like a few blocks from where I was working that day. It made me feel sick when the ambulance finally got there and they couldn't even find the kids in the water. 
I was a little mad that I didn't bring my camera cause we had to take off our shoes and socks to walk down the street for awhile. That was the first time that I had to do that as a missionary. 
Well, that's about it from my part.. a lot of hard work. In Elders quorum they were talking about the things that parents need to teach their kids, and the teacher asked me a few things about things before the mission. And really it made me think about how blessed I am to have the parents that I have. I have been able to see examples of patience, humility, and hard work in my life. I have also used the example of your marriage a lot in my teaching... it has given me a goal to have something similar one day.
Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment