December 8, 2015

WEEK #35

My new greenie companion, Elder Villa, is an Argentine but he's from a part called Tierra de Fuego, which is really really south, like where the penguins are. Things are going well with him and all of it, but it's really difficult, haha. I think I'm starting to understand what you and dad felt like when none of us kids ever listened. But he has already taught me something really important.. Yesterday he had a little bit of a mental break down with the stress that he was feeling and homesick. And in that moment I realized that as a trainer I was only teaching him the basics of the mission and how to put your head down and go to work.. haha we were working really hard this last week. But one thing that I wasnt doing really well was putting my arm around him and showing him the love that he needs to feel right now which is probably just as important. It's something really really.. really hard for me to do sometimes but it's a personal goal that I set to point out the positives that he has and just love him the best that I can. But that about sums it all up until now. Hard hard work this last week haha.  I know I have only been gone a little more than 8 months but it seems like everything is changing so much. I feel like I was a Sophmore last year... 
 
Elder Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment