December 8, 2015

WEEK #34

Things are going awesome here... a little crazy but awesome. I received the call this last week that I'm going to train a new missionary, so right now I'm writing from the offices waiting for my kid to get here. Haha, sometimes I don't feel all that ready to be a trainer, but I don't think anybody ever feels ready for it. With Milton.... it was tough. Last week we set the date again for the 2nd of August and he accepted. Then yesterday we passed by and he told us that he isn't sure if the whole church thing is something he wants to do his whole life. So, I talked to him about it for awhile and told him we are still going to be checking up on him every once in awhile, and he said that he was still going to come to church when he can, which is good. But, it was just tough cause he is such a stud and showed so much desire, then one day the truth came out that he isn't ready. But it's fine because one day he will come around in the future.
I have talked to a lot of people lately that need help with a lot of  things like substance abuse and alcohol... and it's sad when they think that's impossible to change. Really, you just need the desire to change and the humility to accept the help that our heavenly father WANTS to give to us. Well, I don't have a ton of time to write today, sorry, but I need to eat still then go pick up my greenie hahah It's still so weird to me that I'm going to train a newby. I'll send you photos and all of that next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment