December 8, 2015

WEEK #29

I'm proud to say that I really do love the mish life. This last week has been a little crazy, but definitely in a good way. It started out with a divisions, then another day of divisions, then another day of divisions, then finally a baptism! It was cool to be able to do so many divisions and meet so many new elders, cause really everybody has their own unique ways of doing things. It doesn't matter if they have more time than you or less time, you still learn so much. And even better, you are always best friends by the end of the day. On Sunday we were able to have a baptism with one of my great friends and "brother" like he says with his really really Latino accent every time he sees me, haha, but he is a 19 yr old kid from Peru named Junior. And really the feeling you get every baptism might be the best feeling of all time I'm convinced, seeing though when he was finally dunked under the water I could barely breath cause I was so happy and excited it's unexplainable. And to know that he will receive the priesthood in the next couple weeks and go on himself to help so many other people is just coolest thing. I have also met one of the biggest examples I have ever met, his name is Jose Segovia, and now he is our ward mission leader. But before I really didn't know his story, and I still wouldn't know his story if a different member didn't tell us. But it all started about 10 years ago when he finally gave in and listened to the missionaries at about the tenth time that they passed by. But he was a drunk and didn't even know how to read because he left school at such an early age. But when the missionaries invited him to pray about the truths of what they have taught, he prayed and received an answer. And when he received this answer he decided to never drink alcohol again, but he also received the determination to be able to read the book of Mormon. So he tried to teach himself using the bible and book of Mormon but couldn't do it. So he signed himself up for primaria (elementary school) as a 40 yr old man and has now read the Book of Mormon multiple times and is the most faithful member I have met here in Argentina. I just wanted to share that cause really he is such a stud, and I realized how easy we have it with all the truth that we need right their at our finger tips with the scriptures that we can study so easily but still nos cuesta leerlo and learn from the key of our religion. So read and study the book of Mormon and I promise it will make the biggest difference every day! The gospel is so real, I have learned that really even though at times it seems like a huge sacrifice, it really is a huge blessing that we have to help us and bring us this happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment