May 29, 2015

WEEK #24

Wow, this week was a little different but in a good way. We finally found some people to teach and had a little bit more success in this area. I don't know, things finally just started to click, but really I only want to share about one of our investigators right now named Yvonne. Haha yeah when we received the reference for her I really didn't know how to act cause thats definitley not a Spanish name. But anyway, a member called us Friday night saying that she met this German lady that really doesn't speak Spanish all that well (so I have no idea how they met cause this hermana only speaks spanish??) but Yvonne can speak english alright. And that she has been going through some really hard times with a divorce here and got kicked out of her husbands house, doesn't really have a job and she is basically out on her own in a country where she doesnt speak the language. So, we were pretty hyped to teach this lady and we set an appoitment for the next day. And really I realized how much spanish has been drilled into my head more than anything. As she wanted me to say the first prayer in english I was like okay, I haven't done this in the last 5 months but cool, and yeah it kinda came out in a weird spanglish. After, we taught the first lesson of the Restoration and obviously she felt something because she agreed to come to church the next day and we translated more for her there. And we are going to continue teaching her this week. I don't really know where I'm going with this story but I thought it was pretty kool that I was teaching a german lady in english in Argentina. I never would have seen that coming, but more than anything with this experience and a few more this last week I have realized that this gospel really is for everyone. It's someting that I testify of everyday that really the information and testimonies that we have can change lives, and all we have to do is share it.
Well anyway, next week I'm going to be writing on Tuesday because transfers are already here again and I'm 90% sure that I am leaving to a different area which is going to be so weird cause this is still the only area that I know and I have made some really good friends here. But never the less, I am excited to be able to know other parts down here in Buenos Aires. 
Love all ya'll.






No comments:

Post a Comment