May 29, 2015

WEEK #23

This weeks letter is going to be even a little bit shorter do to the fact that I was in bed sick literally half the week haha Yeah, it wasn't very fun. But, I ended up being stuck in bed from Wednesday until Sunday. But hey, the rest of the week was pretty chill. On by birthday last Monday we went as a zone to a place called the Teatro Colon which, I guess, is world famous, but I don't know cause I have never heard of it before. And anyway, it's a giant old opra house. The building is awesome it's so pretty. Then after we went there, a member took us to a Peruvian resteraunt. I know I am serving in Argentina and stuff, but their is no better food than Peruvian food. haha. It's so good and there are a ton of Peruvians here so I get to enjoy pretty often. Then I think there should be a video of the cake below if it worked but an other hermana thought it was cool to put "Swag Out" on the American flag cake and I agreed so that's what it says. Uhm, apart from that not much happened this week. On Tuesday I got to do divisions with my Zone Leader Elder Santos from Brazil. Hes super chill and I got to hear him speak Portuguese, which was pretty tight cause I could understand a little bit of it. Oh, and one more thing that happened this week, actually yesterday. I was able to make it to church even though I was still just barely getting over the sickness, and when we arrived we noticed that a member brought somebody with him that lives in the same building. So, we went to go talk with him after and see if he liked it and all of that good stuff, and you could just tell that this guy, his name is Luis and he is 28 yrs old, but he has been through a ton. Like, he told us that his mom died this last week, and now he really has no family or friends left and stuff and I was really just like wow, I'm sorry man. haha. I really didn't know what to say about it besides sorry. But anyway, we were able to talk to him a little bit about the gospel and actually set a goal for baptism. So we are going to work with him this week and see how we can help him.
Well, really that is about all that happened this last week. 
Much love to all of ya'll.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment