April 16, 2015

WEEK #22

Hey friends.
 This week has been kool. Haha No really, this week the work was pretty slow in terms of finding and numbers and stuff like that but their has been a lot in terms of working and walking haha. But like always, everyday was a learning experience and their were a few things that happened that are things that I never want to forget because the mission is so sick. I really only have one of these experiences that I want to share this week, because I need to go celebrate my B-day right now somehow. 
 So, we received a call from a member who is from another ward but the son of one of his coworkers is in the hospital in our ward. So, he met us there so that we could give him a blessing. As we entered the big room with all of these extrememly sick people (like I was almost just taken away by how the people looked they were so sick. They were all just pale almost yellow and had tubes entering their body from every direction. I wanted to cry just walking in there) but we finally reached the back of the room where this guys son was (the family are non-members) and I guess the son has been in the hospital for more than 2 months now with some sickness that he caught in their vacation, but it almost seemed he was just brain dead like his eyes were rolled back and it was just really sad. But anyway, we explained the priesthood and how the blessing comes from the power of God all depending on the faith of the people. So, we gave a blessing and everything went great, obviously he didn't stand up and walk in front of us but everyone felt the spirit really strong. After we went out of the room and start talking to the family and just whoever was their visiting people that would be interested but we shared a couple experiences about Christ and the Atonement. And something that this kids dad said really got to me, he said " I still have hope and the faith that everything is possible in Gods will" I couldn't stop thinking about how much faith that really was, to still be faithful even when your teenage son has been in the hospital almost unconscious for more than 2 months. He was definitely the example for me that day. And after some of the people that listened to us asked us if we could give a couple more blessings to the patients there. The feeling of using the priesthood like that was incredible, and it's for experiences like that, that you learn to love the mission. What a blessing. 
Well, anyway, I love all of you.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment