February 8, 2015

WEEK #12

Hmmmm, where to start with this week. No joke, all the days just run together. So, I dont know when things happen. The mish is so busy. Things are going great in some aspects, and not so great in others. Personally, with learning the language and culture and just things like that are going great. One thing though, I feel like an idiot every time I eat. Cause they get all the meat off the bone with a fork and a butter knife, and I can't really use my left hand when I eat so they all make fun of me saying "jaja yankee, elder moffitt ayadale" So, yeah they are just telling my comp. to help me or they just give me a weird look with everything haha Yeah, I can't really explain it (they eat fried chicken with a fork and knife... how are you supposed to do that?). I'm starting to communicate and participate more, sometimes I have no idea what they say still, or even what I just said. But thats the thing, it doesnt really matter what I just said cause the spirit testifies either way. But yeah, we are having hard times finding new people which is really the only bummer of the week. Nobody wants anything to with the Mormons, but thats alright, I'm sure its just a test of patience. Which is something I really don't have much of, one of my many flaws. So, this week was a lot of walking and contacting, trying to find the escojidos ( or chosen ones) that have been waiting for the message of the restored gospel. This transfer is already almost over which is nuts. I feel like I just barely arrived still. So, Elder Moffitt and I will be waiting on a call sometime during this next week to see if he gets transferred, which would be super sad. I don't know, it would just be weird to finish my training with somebody else. So, keep your fingers crossed for me please!
Oh, and sorry that I suck at taking pictures, I think I might still have one or two with my district or something. I will focus on having more next week, promise.

1 comment:

  1. Haha this made me laugh so hard because I remember Jake asking me to cut his pancakes for him at our house when he was pretty old and all my kids laughed;) We love him and are so proud of him!! The Thorns

    ReplyDelete