January 29, 2015

WEEK #11

Man, time really does fly in the mission field. I swear I was just writing like 2 days ago. And all my days kinda run together but yeah, I dont know. Finally had my first baptism and there really is no better feeling. My companion did the baptism and I did the confirmation. Which, by the way, I had to do in Spanish, in sacrament meeting, in front of the whole ward, but it went awesome; I think. I dont know, Spanish is just weird. No better feeling than seeing the change in your investigador, and I hope that I'll be able to see it as many times as possible over these next 2 years. But really, this girl, Valeria, started out just crazy. Piercing everywhere, drugs, and has really just been through like, it all. And as soon as she realized what this gospel could do for her and her family, she changed. She was really converted to the gospel. And now just accepted a call as the laurels president. 
Man, still struggling with the humidity and the language a bit though haha. I have definitely improved, but my most used word is still "¿como?" and "¿que?" cause sometimes they need to repeat it like 10 times before I really understand haha. I know or at least hope that it will come with time. Other than that, we are just trying to walk the streets and find the escojidos, because I know God has prepared people for us. They need the gospel in their lives.
 
Well, much love,
Elder Hansen


No comments:

Post a Comment