January 6, 2015

WEEK #7/8 Officially in Argentina!

Wow, this week has been so crazy, I dont even know where to start! I finally made it to Argentina Tuesday morning and jumped straight into the work. Well tried to jump straight into the work but I literally dont understand a single thing anybody is saying to me. People joke around saying "thats not the language they taught me in the mtc" but I can honestly say this is a whole different language. lol. Yeah, it's testing my patience a little bit learning a new language. But, I made it. My mission pres. is so cool, on the first day I got there, we raced eachother on ripsticks and I don't think there is any other missionary that can say they beat their mission pres. in a ripstick race.
Argentina is so much different than the States. I could probably name more differences than similarities for sure. Their food is great, but dessert sucks. In my opinion, anyway. They like pan dulce which is basically like bread with nasty chewy fruit chunks in it. And their Flan makes me wanna throw up cause of the texture. And if they offer you soda, that means carbonated water, which is gross. But at every house they offer you coke too, which is definitely a positive. Coke is really like the only soda here and its huge, everybody has coke.
Hmmm, another difference.. No toilet paper, but they have another thing that kinda looks like a toilet that just sprays your butt with water and your good to go. Thats pretty cool.
Everybody has a dog. And when they take their dog out, they just take it out to the sidewalk. So there is dog crap everywhere!
If your American, your automatically super rich. So yeah, I've already had a guy offer all 7 of his daughters to marry me just cause I'm American. Weird, I really didnt know how to react.
Yeah, I dont know, it's super humbling being here. Like, we went and taught at a house that was maybe a little bigger than my room at home, with 7 people living in it! And there were holes all over in the walls and just so crowded. So be grateful for living in the states, cause you're really so blessed.
Ahhhhh, my comp. His name is Elder Moffitt. He's a white kid from St. George and he's literally helping me out so much. Well, he's basically doing all of it cause, like I said, I dont understand a word really. It's a  rare thing for me to understand a complete sentence and it kinda sucks.
Well, yeah hopefully I pick up everything soon. The mission might be the realest thing I have ever done. It's so difficult but I know it will also be the most rewarding.
 
 Love all of you.
Elder Hansen


Elder Cruz y yo
 
Home sweet home
 
 Mi compañero Elder Moffitt

 
 ¡Buenos Aires!








No comments:

Post a Comment