January 14, 2015

WEEK #9

It's really not as relaxed on pday as you would hope cause you have so much prepping to do for the next week.... and asadas ( steak barbecue) and also some soccer. So because of that, I dont really have much time for typing today. Oh, and I forgot my SD card so no photos this week, but I'll send twice as many next week.
 This last week I learned a ton of just about anything. Culture, Spanish, Doctrine, the fact that you have to have a favorite futbol team (Either Boca or River but the correct choice was obviously Boca.) Just everything. Everything is great here, really different, but great. I had the chance to go on splits with an elder named Elder Rogers and teach in a villa. If you dont know what it is really, google villas in Argentina or something cause its nutz. But I was too scared to take out my camera. haha. It was kinda sketchy. It's really different from where I am at though, I'm in an area called Villa Crespo, which is right in the middle of the city. Some people consider it a rich area but in all honesty, I don't think there is anywhere in the states where the people have to live like this. So, really just know what a blessing we have of living and growing up in the states.
 I'm getting used to the Bidet, its kinda nice. lol. But life here is just completely different. Way too much to even begin to explain. Colectivos (Bus system) everywhere. Whole families live in tiny rooms. Oh, and taken houses is the translation for them, when people go into abandoned houses or buildings and just start living there for free so eventually you have 300 people in one building just cause it literally doesn't cost a dime, and it smells bad. But we taught in an abandoned school that had like 80 crazy little kids running around and just living in the halls, and they really don't even have a house, its just families lined up in the halls of this school, yet they are so happy still. It's really such a cool thing to see. Sorry, I suck at explaining things. haha. Hopefully, you will be hearing about a baptism in the next few weeks! My asada is about to start so I gotta go, but love and miss all you Americans!
Elder Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment